Jax Beach Deck The Chairs is seeking volunteers to help create this year’s display of decorated lifeguard chairs. We are seeking a variety of skill sets in our volunteers, so there is something for everyone! Volunteering at DTC is a great opportunity for you or your organization to gain volunteer hours and support the Beaches community.
Volunteer Dates & Times
- Build & General Volunteers — 11/18 – 11/23/19; 7AM – 6PM
- Concessions, Merchandise & Ambassadors — Every Friday, Saturday & Sunday night 11/24/19 – 1/1/20; 4PM – 9PM (2-hour shifts)
Ways to Volunteer
- Designers & Artists — We need creative minds to come up with designs that can be brought to life on a 9-foot lifeguard chair. You will work with a chair sponsor to design a chair that can be built either by the sponsor’s group or by a build volunteer.
- Build Volunteers — Build volunteers will work with chair sponsors to bring a design to life. Chair sponsors provide you with the design idea and materials, but need support in getting the chair built. We will begin matching build volunteers with chair sponsors as soon as possible. The earlier the chair is started, the better! Heavy lifting may be necessary.
- General Volunteers — General volunteers are needed for a variety of areas. We have miles of lights to string throughout the plaza and pavilion area. Prebuilt chairs may need to be put together. We will be loading and unloading materials from our storage unit. Heavy lifting may be required for some areas, but other jobs will only include light lifting.
- Concessions & Merchandise — Volunteers are needed to help with concessions and merchandise sales every weekend in December. Concessions will include cocoa, coffee, water, cookies and chocolate-covered popcorn. Merchandise will include t-shirts, ornaments, toys, mugs and coasters.
- Ambassadors — Volunteers are needed to serve as Ambassadors every weekend in December. In this role, Ambassadors will welcome visitors, answer questions, staff the information booth, and monitor the displays in Latham Plaza, Seawalk Pavilion area and the Kids’ Creative Space.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.